vegetable Rosti

This is another interesting & easy to make snack which I learnt from a Korean friend. I am not sure whether it could rightly be called as Rosti or pancakes. Correct me if I am wrong, but its easy & nutritious and my family especially my child loved it.
I was served the rostis with soya-vinegar sauce , I'll post you soon the recipe for it.
I modified the recipe slightly by adding green chillies to give it a spicy Indian taste.


In this recipe you can use any combination of vegetables like potatoes, carrots, cabbage, spring onion, spinach, etc. and cheese too. In short make them with whatever veggies you have in your refridgirator.



makes: 18

What I used:
2 cups grated mixed vegetables( I used 2 potato, 1 carrot, 1 radish & few spring onions)

2 green chillies finely chopped

1/2 cup plain flour
oil to shallow fry.
salt to taste




How I made:
Mix in all the ingredients. Heat a heavy bottomed non-stick pan & grease it . Put small ball sized portions of the mixture & flatten them with the back of a spoon .If you find it difficult to do it in the pan you can prepare flat disks in between your palms & then put it in the pan. Flip them to cook on both sides using very little oil.




Serve hot with soya-vinegar sauce.

My entry for
Sunday Snacks - Chaats/Indian Street Food hosted by Pallavi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are valuable to me. To share your view, experience or any suggestion related to this please leave a comment here.