Warm Carrot-basil salad


During winters, cold and cough is very common among children. Cucumber, tomatoes and most of the fruits have cooling tendency, I was wondering what should I give my child other than soup, as the doctor had asked me to avoid feeding any fruit(except chikoo and pomegranate) to my baby when she was suffering from cold.  So I came up with an idea of making a warm salad for her using carrots, basil, lemon and coriander,all  these ingredients are considered good for curing respiratory diseases.

2 carrots cut into strips
2 tbsp coriander leaves finely chopped
6-7 basil/tulsi leaves,torn
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt and pepper to taste

Microwave the carrots with 1 tsp water for 1 min.
Add all other ingredients to the carrots and toss.

Related recipes:

Garden Salad
Carrot Halwa

my entry for the event In my Veg Box-carrots

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your views are valuable to me. To share your view, experience or any suggestion related to this please leave a comment here.